The Fearless Award is an award for #BOSSBABES who empower other women to do what they love! Style Collective is a platform for female influencers to connect, grow, and learn how to be successful bloggers and entrepreneurs. The Fearless Award is a way to empower and connect with other bloggers/Instagrammers that you want to get to know, affirm a girl boss you’ve always looked up to, share the love around your network, or encourage a new blogger/Instagrammer on her path!
I was nominated for the Fearless Award thanks to the amazing founder of Style Collective, Annie Spano, and my co regional leader Kimberly from Brunch & Gloss! Therefore, I wanted to nominate some other lovely ladies as well and share the love.
Fearless Award Questions:
Who are you?!
My name is Nikki Arnold and I founded the fashion, finance, and lifestyle blog The Fashionable Accountant as my creative outlet. I am an accountant by trade and a fashion designer/stylist at heart. I love putting together a great outfit as much as I enjoy devouring the latest romance novel. I am a mom of two boys and yet a complete girly girl so you will always find me overdressed because why not right? Xoxo
What is your blog/Instagram all about?
My blog is about sharing fashion and finance tips for the every day woman. I want to create a space that women can come and be inspired, feel motivated, be themselves, and perhaps even crack a smile, or a laugh. I’ve been known to banter, or crack a joke here and there *wink wink*. But on a serious note, I want this blog to be a platform where I can reach other women and connect because that’s what life is about to me, creating and fostering personal connections and inspiring one another.
What do you LOVE about blogging/Instagramming?
I love the opportunities it creates for me to meet new people and try new things. It fosters my creativity and me breaking barriers. I am shy at the beginning, yet I’m a complete extrovert and this allows me feel at home.
What do you not love about blogging/Instagramming?
Being judged. Some people look at bloggers and think all we do is shop and take pictures, but there is so much more than that. Brands judge our growth, friends judge our time management, or “who do we think we are”, other bloggers judge our circle, or what collaborations we get. I wish that it was easier to put yourself out there, but sometimes you just have to have a thick skin…I’m still learning.
What are your goals (big and small!) for your blog/Instagram?
To help other women grow and realize their potential plus making real meaningful friendships. As far as a large goal, I would really like to create an annual conference, or event one day to bring together so many women I have met along the way and to give the people just starting a leg up!
If you could be better at one thing, what would it be?
I would love to work a bit more on my public speaking skills because for some reason when I get in front of a crowd, I feel my face get really hot and I get nervous even if I don’t look it. I love interacting with crowds and being surrounded by people, but the blog is definitely helping me put my strong girl boss foot forward.
Who are your biggest supporters? How/why?
My boyfriend, his family, my best friends, and the amazing friends that I have made through blogging. My boyfriend is my Instagram husband and puts up with so much to be my biggest supporter. He works from home and puts a lot of his time into helping with the kids and things around the house so that I can make it to events, or get a blog post up. I completely cherish everything he does to help me. His family is amazing and so supportive, whether its assisting me with buying tickets to something I’m involved with, reading all of my posts, or liking all my photos haha. My friends are always my listening ear, my confidants, and help me with deciding on the perfect ideas for my blog posts. Finally the women of the blogging community that I feel blessed to also call my friends…they help me when I’m down, and support me when I’m up! Without them I wouldn’t have community, or the motivation to keep moving forward.
What do you wish there was more of in your life?
I am very happy with my life, but the two things that would be a nice bonus would be more time and money lol. It’s true money does not buy you happiness, but it does allow you to travel the world. I do love nice things, but that’s not as important to me as experiencing culture and making memories. One day I would love to be financially independent and making my own hours which would allow me to devote more of myself to the blog and spend more quality time with my family.
I thought this amazing motivational t-shirt from a really sweet blogger, Kahlea Nicole, that I met recently would pair so well with this post! I love the message she put on her shirts to “Outdream Yourself”. We should all strive to do this. Push ourselves to surpass our goals and be the best version of ourselves.
I am also totally in love with this wrap skirt from SheIn!! It’s less than $20 and can be dressed up, or down. Such a great summer piece.
Fearless Award Secret Facts:
- When I was 18 years old I became a mother and when I started college at 21, I had my second son! It definitely wasn’t an easy path, but it made me who I am today.
- I have moved around a lot and actually attended over 12 different schools from elementary school to high school. So, I absolutely hate moves and I am so happy that I have settled into my forever home.
- I love to dance and used to take ballroom lessons! I even did competition ballroom and won a few competitions for beginners which felt pretty cool.
- I am a bit OCD. I like everything to be organized and planned out. When things get hectic, or plans change, it stresses me out a bit. I’m a type A personality LOL.
- I read a lot of romance novels especially historical fiction ones. Whenever I am having a bad day, they are my escape. However, I don’t really like to read a book twice.
*Drum Roll* Now for the nominations (I would nominate everyone, but I’m supposed to nominate 5 and I want to pick a few different ladies than the ones nominated by my nominator).
- Laila’s Little Finds – This beautiful lady has become one of my closest friends since I met her through blogging. Not only can I call her about blog related issues, but if I’m feeling down, I know I can call her to lift my spirits. She is now offering mentoring sessions for bloggers just starting out and she will give some great advice!!
- Fashion Eighty Nine – The beautiful Natalie inspires myself and those around her. She is not only a mother, but a christian woman who puts others before herself. I met her at the Makeup Show this year and immediately felt a pull and connection because she has such a warm personality.
- My Vogue Lookbook – Maria is like the big sister I never had. She has the warmest heart and is also a mom of boys like myself. She is a christian counselor and is a great person if anyone needs someone to talk to. Her blog is currently in the works, so stay tuned!
- Mrs. Stephanie Hill – This fellow SC sister and Parkie mom (our kids go to the same school woot woot) is a total girl boss!! She is currently working on a fashion app called Waitsy and I can’t wait till she launches it and fulfills one of her goals and dreams. Unfortunately BlogHer was a bit crazy for me and we haven’t met in person yet, but I’m looking forward to when her and I do get to hang out!
- Mikaela J Designs – This babe is not only a mom and blogger, but also a creator! She runs a fabulous etsy shop where you can purchase custom wine glasses and coffee mugs. In fact she is making all the SC wine glasses for our pool party coming up! She is a rock star!!
So what happens next?
Here’s what you do next:
Compose the post on your blog (or Instagram? If you have time) and THANK the person who nominated you! Be sure to link to their blog/Instagram!
Answer the Fearless Award questions (the questions that I answered above). List out 5 secret facts about yourself/blog/brand. Have fun with this!
Nominate at least 5 #bossbabes who you think align with the Style Collective mantra of women championing women! List them and link to their blogs/Instagram. Include a sentence or two on why you love their blog/Instagram!
Inform the nominees that you’ve elected them for the Fearless Award! They should post their answers and award rules on their blog/Instagram.
SHOP THE POST: